Weimaraner or Weimaraner Vorstehhund of Germany - the unique metalic sheen grey coat gundog
Dog breed : the unique metallic sheen grey coat Weimaraner seen here is wearing a head halter collar on his neck and muzzle. It has blue-grey eyes, long muzzle and long lobular ears with rounded tips.
Unconfirmed history of the development of this breed but it was believed descended from German Braken and some Pointers. It was noticed in 1600s when it appeared in the first painting by Flemish artist Van Dyck. The German breed club wanted a rigorous mating standard for this breed. It became known in USA during the 1940s.
type : Gundog, royal hunting dog
country of origin : Germany
since : 1600s
height : 56 - 69cm ( 22 - 27in )
weight : 32 - 39cm ( 70 - 86lb )
coat : metallic sheen grey or grey brownish short coat, some have slightly longer hair coat with lighter color on the head and ears
temperament : responsive and alert
characteristics : metalic sheen grey coat, long lobular ears with rounded tips, docked tail, long muzzle, amber or blue grey eyes
feeding : one and a half to two and a half of cans meat with biscuits added in equal amount
exercise : plenty
grooming : daily
Other issues about dogs you should not ignore.....
The Right Comb and Brush for Weimaraner
- Check out the type of grooming tools suitable for this dog breed. It is very important to use the right brush for the right hair coat so that you do not damage their hair. Learn the right way to brush or comb your dog's hair.
essential items you must have for your dog
- find out what are the things you should prepare before and after bringing back a dog.
longevity of dog breeds
- each breed has different lifespan, find out the longevity of each dog breeds.
- How does dog age related in human year? Hah, good question! It is important to know your dog age so that you give your dog the right food for the right age. Find out more!
Q & A
- Having problems with your doggy? Need answers for your doubts? Find out the solutions and learn to avoid the common mistakes human does to their pets!